PayPal does it time and time again. They seem to identify a need and come up with a solution which is better than any other solution at the time. This is the case with their Micropayment Account.
They enable you to accept credit cards using their micropayment account for 5% plus 5 Cents per transaction, which is 5 Cents per transaction less, than any other credit card processing solution currently available!
So how do you set it up?
1. Open a PayPal Business (or premier) account
Yes, go through the REGULAR process of opening a Business or Premier account (not a Micropayment account) – Strange, yet it’s the only way… Once you have a Business or Premier account opened, continue as follows:
2. Search at PayPal search box for “micropayments”;
3. Press on “PayPal Micropayments Website”;
4. In the new page opened, press on “Signup”;
5. Now request to change the Business (or Premier) account you just opened to a micropayment account.
6. Congratulations – you just opened the best micropayment credit card solution currently available!
Yes – it is awkward, and yes – their menus suck (until they read one or two “How to” and change…), yet once you open the account and start charging your micro payments, you no longer care…
Gidi Argov, Founder and CEO